Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Voices

Today's poem is inspired by this phrase "when all the noise is silenced" found here and in Kelly Rae Roberts' book Taking Flight found here. Thank you Kelly for your inspiration for my poems twice this week!

cacophony of sound is in my head always
preventing me from hearing myself
insisting i listen to the noise of judgement
doubt loathing fear uncertainty

infernal speech interrupting my thoughts
drowning out voices of reason
comfort trust safety love
that are waiting for me to hear

so many years of hearing their talk
listening to their voices
believing they told the truth
i regret giving them so much power

truth is subjective and influenced by experience
my truth is about to change
confident now voices of reason
trust can be heard during the quiet

eager to explore these new thoughts
trying to turn up their volume
i wonder who will i be
when Babel is toppled again

April 8, 2009

1 comment:

Remember, this is a place of healing and comfort. I will delete any comments that I believe are contrary to that purpose. Thanks for understanding!