Saturday, April 4, 2009

I Love the Moon

Using NaPoWriMo's starter #4, this is today's poem.

I can never find the big dipper
The little dipper escapes me too
It's not that I live in the city
Orion's Belt is easy to view

The moon goes through it's monthly cycle
As mine moves me gentle and true
Poets write sonnets and verse to la lune
I write in honor of you

Many women decry your great power
Afraid the gods have conspired
In tune with the song singing through me
Energies awake I create am inspired

For you not very much longer
Remember when the moon's in your view
Stars light the sky with some sparkle
But the moon glows only for you

April 4, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, this is a place of healing and comfort. I will delete any comments that I believe are contrary to that purpose. Thanks for understanding!