Monday, December 22, 2008

Why I am here, redux

While I wonder if anyone really cares about my process of grief, I figure, my family might be interested. Others might be as well, so here I am.

I've often wanted to meet and talk with other adults who lost a parent when they were old enough to remember the parent, but young enough to have not really been able to process the loss (i.e. grieve). I was 11 years old.

I feel very alone in my experiences and, with the exception of my husband who lost his father when he was in college, have never met anyone whose parent died when they were young. At this point, no one I know, except for my family members, knew my father. At times, this makes me so sad and I wish so much that my husband and child, especially, could have met him.

I'll be posting somewhat regularly on this blog as I work through the grief that I held deep inside of me for the past 32 years. I'll explore why I did this; what my feelings were and are, and anything else that I feel is relevant.

Comments are welcome, but please remember that I want this to be a space that is safe and caring and I will delete comments that I believe are hurtful or don't serve any useful purpose in this discussion here.

DLG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, this is a place of healing and comfort. I will delete any comments that I believe are contrary to that purpose. Thanks for understanding!